ELSA Needs To Do More
The scope of ELSA's role is enormous. Some of its initial priorities are:
- to develop and build a database on stuttering to broaden the knowledge and experience of stuttering.
- to improve the services that the National Self-Help Organisations provide.
- to raise public awareness of stuttering to ensure a true recognition of this neglected problem.
- to encourage an integrated approach to stuttering therapy.
- to promote research and exchange of ideas ensuring that models of good therapy practice can be successfully repeated while failed initiatives and bad practices are not.
- to support the training of professionals and volunteers.